I’m back on this month with my new mixed media project. This time I’ve altered a cardboard box. This month our challenge theme is use stencil or pattern paper. I am using both, with lots of other craftangles supplies. Also make and add some handmade flowers.
Here is my finished mixed media box:
Step by step making tutorial :
Step: 1 First I have attached a magnetic closer on the flap to close my box. Than cover with charcoal gesso the whole box inside out.
Step: 2 Apply charcoal texture paste through Damask design stencil.
Step: 3 For color I have first use magenta, deep blue and little bit orange chalk paints from my stash. Stenciling with script stencil from finnabair and paper texture paste from craftangles. Then use victorian rose and ocean breeze art spray from craftangles and little red hot poker orange from lindy’s. For next layer of colors I have used some metallique wax from craftangle shades sapphire and some from finnabair(turquoise, amethyst, silver and firebird).
Step: 4 Make some clay mould shapes and colored them with same colors which I have used on my base. Die cut leaves and other designs from white and black cardstock. For black die cut I just rub waxes and for white die cut first I color them with some sprays( for leaves use trendy teal from craftangles and tibetan poppy teal from lindy’s)
Step: 5 Now time for arrange all things together. For embellished my box I have used sisal fiber, pollen sticks(yellow, violet, blue and pink), moss, clay mould shapes( window, moons and stars, feathers, wing and swirl), die cuts, motif cut out from craftangles motif sheet, sheaf of paddy, original tree branches, handmade flowers made by me, seed beads, star sequence and art stones. Add two same photo of owl for my focal point. Splatter with red hot poker orange and white acrylic paint to finish my project.
Here are more closeups:
Supplies are used from CrafTangles are:
- CrafTangles mixed media essentials – Gesso – Charcoal (120 ml)
- CrafTangles 6″x6″ Stencil – Damask Delight
- CrafTangles mixed media essentials – Texture Paste – Charcoal (120 ml)
- CrafTangles mixed media essentials – Texture Paste – Paper (120 ml)
- CrafTangles color mists Sprays – Victorian Rose (50 ml)
- CrafTangles color mists Sprays – Ocean Breeze (50 ml)
- CrafTangles Art Sprays (Dye Based) – Trendy Teal (50 ml)
- CrafTangles Elements Pack – Watercolor Florals 1 (3 sheets of A4)
- CrafTangles mixed media Essentials – Art Waxes – Sapphire (50 ml)
- CrafTangles Seed Beads – Iridescent Blue
- CrafTangles Seed Beads – Iridescent Coral Red
- CrafTangles Shaker Elements – Silver Shimmer Stars (10 gms)
- CrafTangles Fine Glitter – Shimmer Dust (60 ml)
Hope you like my project. Thank you for stopping by. Happy Crafting.