Hi folks !
Good Morning 🙂
Good Morning 🙂
Today, I’ve created an Altered Geometry Box titled “Inspire”. I’ve used various mixed media techniques. There is a Step-by-Step Pictorial of the process. I have used mixed media products by CrafTangles as well as other products from Hndmd.
Altered Geometry Box
1. Used Prima Finnabair Silicone moulds and air dry clay to create some clay embellishments
2. Applied CrafTangles Gesso- Charcoal on a Geometry Box using a sponge. This helps to add an uneven texture
3. To add more texture to the background, applied CrafTangles Texture Paste- Asphalt to the box using a palette knife. We want it to be uneven. This paste has a grainy texture with tiny particles in it. I love it! It is this grainy texture that will create a wonderful effect when coloured later on.
4. Prepared some metal embellishments by Mitform Castings by applying CrafTangles Texture Paste- Asphalt to them as well
5. Layered the clay and metal embellishments to create a visually pleasing composition and adhered them to the box using gel medium. For the heavier pieces, I used Heavy Body Gel and for the lighter pieces, I used Acrylic Soft Gel.
6. To add more texture and fill up the gaps, mixed 2 sizes of art stones with CrafTangles Acrylic Soft Gel and added them to some of the empty spaces
7. To get a full coverage of black, sprayed the box with Lindy’s Gang Blazing Black Flat Spray. This gets into the tiny spaces where a brush may not reach
8. Now started dry brushing. First, I’ve used CrafTangles Texture Paste- Cement to dry brush a grey colour onto the whole box. Since this paste is thick and grainy, it adds a lot of texture and makes the texture from underneath more visible
9. Now for the finishing touches, did the dry brushing technique using CrafTangles Chalky Paints- Cool Jade and Buttercream and CrafTangles Gesso-White. Created a shading effect by highlighting some areas. In the end, created white splatter by diluting white gesso.
Products Used from the Store:
CrafTangles Texture Paste- Cement