Welcome to the Craftangles ‘Birthday’ Challenge for the month of August!
Do play and link up your entries HERE
I have some birthday cards to inspire you to play today.
For the first two cards, I used a technique demonstrated by Kristina Werner recently.
I used make up brushes (from Amazon) to do the ink blending! Khyati had suggested these brushes, and OMG! they are the best for ink blending!!!
For the first card, I started of by blending Distress inks through the Craftangles ‘flower cluster’ stencil onto the background panel of Craftangles white cardstock. I then die cut the large numbers in Craftangles earl grey card stock and white cardstock, and layered them. I then stamped and die cut the sentiment panels and adhered them with 3D foam tape. I added some clear Craftangles sequins to finish the card.
For the second card, I first used the newly released Craftangles masking paper to cut out the number 50 and adhered it to the Craftangles white card base. I then blended the background colours onto the Craftangles white cardstock panel. After blending the colours, I used the same stencil as the card above, to blend more colour onto the card base. This gave it tone on tone look.
Once done, I removed the mask and added a stamped sentiment along with some clear sequins to finish the card.
For the second set of cards, I used simple stencilling and combined it with floral die cuts and liquid watercolours.
For these cards, I started by stencilling (Herrringbone) the background with a light blending of Black soot distress ink. I used Craftangles liquid watercolours to paint a piece of watercolour carstock and then die cut the flowers. I combined the coloured flowers with white diecuts and then sprinkled them with some more watercolour.
I finished the card with some jute twine and some sequins and resin beads and a simple sentiment.
The next card is a simple shaker. I used the Craftangles rays stencil for the background and then cut out the number 50. I made this into a simple shaker and added the
A bold sentiment and a few sequins adhered to the outside, finished this card.
For the last card, I experimented with the newly released Craftangles alcohol ink paper and Craftangles liquid watercolours.
They work beautifully, but take some time to dry. Once semidry, I added some gold foil to the paper. It stuck to the parts where more ink had collected.
I then die cut this panel and adhered it to a white card base with a floral die cut and a birthday sentiment to finish the card.
I hope you have enjoyed these cards and will be tempted to play along.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!