It’s Shabneez here and I’ve been spending a lot of time making backgrounds using a number of mediums so I thought I’d share them with you in the hope that you’ll have a go and experiment with them like I did!
1. Cut a tag from Kraft card.
2. Add distress inks though a stencil.
3. Move the stencil and add texture paste in parts through it.
4. Add some gold paint spatter.
5. Stamp, colour and fussy cut your image and adhere to the tag.
6. Stamp your sentiment.
7. Add ribbon to embellish.
Next I want to show you a background made with a mixture of texture paste and distress oxides.
1. Use a black card base and add clouds and a sentiment.
2. For the middle panel on a white base I mixed texture paste with distress oxides and added through the stencil. Leave to dry.
3. Add distress inks in a rainbow of colours then spritz with water.
4. Back the panel on to black card.
For my final background I’ve used perfect pearls to give a gentle shimmer to the background and I wanted to show you a close up:
To make the card:
1. Make a card base from CrafTangles cardstock.
2. Die cut the background you made above and add to the cardbase.
3. Stamp and colour your image and die cut in a circle.
4. Add stamped image to card.
5. Heat emboss a sentiment.
I hope this post has given you some inspiration to use other mediums with your crafting. It’s a lot of fun and gives you beautiful results.
See you again next month,
CrafTangles Kraft Card
Tim Holtz Distress Mini Inks
CrafTangles Everyday Sentiments Stamps
Versafine Black Ink Pad
Kuretake Zig Clean Color Brush Pens
CrafTangles Wooden Background Stencil
Distress Oxide – Worn Lipstick
CrafTangles Cardstock – Earl Grey
CrafTangles Cardstock – Black
CrafTangles Stamps – Girl in the Rain
Stitched Cloud Die Set
CrafTangles Treads Stencil
Ranger Perfect Pearls
CrafTangles Mermaid Kisses Stamp Set
Texture Paste – Transparent Matt
CrafTangles Floral Mesh Stencil
Everything else from my stash