Aditi here, and I’m back with another fun tutorial post of mixed media for you all. Today, I was inspired by the elements in the CrafTangles Wanderlust elements pack and decided to work around them. The Vintage Hot Air Balloon in particular caught my attention. I decided to create a mixed media layout, but a clean and simple one.
Inspired by the vintage colour palette, I decided to uses the browns, with a little soft orange and linen. This earthy warm palette, worked wonders in my layout today. I used Distress Oxides, along with my favourite CrafTangles Stencils to build my background. I added minimal die cut elements to complete this.
Before I go ahead with the video tutorial, I’d like to remind to all about our current theme challenge- Masculine. We look forward to your amazing projects.
Here’s a look at the finished piece
Here’s the mixed media video tutorial of creating this layout.
Here are some close ups:
Supplies used in today’s project
- CrafTangles Gesso Charcoal
- CrafTangles Acrylic Soft Gloss Gel
- CrafTangles Rust Effect Texture Set
- CrafTangles Art Wax– Copper Penny, Gorgeous Gold
- CrafTangles Stencils– Honeycomb and Herringbone
- CrafTangles Wanderlust Elements 1
- CrafTangles Vintage Rosette Paper
- Distress Oxides- Scattered Straw, Walnut Stain, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo
- Distress ink- Vintage Photo
- Black archival ink
- Finnabair Stamps
- Art Ingredients Glass Glitter- Copper
- Tim Holtz Stamps
Hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial! Happy Crafting!