Aditi here and I’m back with a mixed media project of altered gears for you all. I was thinking about the current monthly theme challenge- masculine and wondering what I’d enjoy creating. The theme inspired me to use gears, cogs and elements to create something with the rusty palette in mind. My inspiration for this was just this simple.
I dug up my stash and found these MDF gears that would work very well for the base of my altered project. I then started building a composition using different sized gears and cogs- MDF, resin casts and mechanical stars. I decided to use a bug as my focal. And then I had my story together. I wanted to show how our brain functions. How darkness and light exists within us all, and how some ideas come to light and finding our way to them.
Here’s a look at the finished piece
I have a process video sharing how I created this altered gears.
Supplies used in today’s project
- CrafTangles Gesso Charcoal
- CrafTangles Acrylic Soft Gloss Gel
- CrafTangles Art Stones Regular
- CrafTangles Art Stones Micro
- CrafTangles Rust Effect Texture Set
- CrafTangles Art Wax– Copper Penny, Iridescent Gold
- Art basics Heavy Body Gel
- Prima Marketing Finnabair Moulds – Cogs & Wings , Stars & Moon
- Tim Holtz Ideology Stickers
- MDF Gears
- Zuri Mould
- Dina Wakley Acrylics- Tangerine, Cheddar, Sedona
Hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial! Happy Crafting!