Aditi here and I’m excited to be sharing my first post as a design team member. Today, I’m sharing a set of mixed media pastel tags with you’ll. I enjoy creating layers and dimensions in my projects, and today I want to show you how I achieve this through my tutorial.
I use a pattern paper to begin with, this always helps when you’re unsure of where to begin. I then begin adding texture with paste and stencils, building the background with colours and layering it with fussy cut paper elements, die cut paper elements, mould casts, flowers and finish it off with some shimmer. Easy steps, to achieve multiple textures, depth and dimension.
I was inspired by pastel tones of the newly launched Paper Collection- Wedding Bells, as well as our monthly challenge theme- Feminine. This surely challenged me to try something outside of my comfort zone- play with pastel tones and create some Romantic.
So let’s dive in into creating these tags.
Here’s a look at the pastel tags that I share with you today.
Here is a detailed video tutorial on how I created these Tags
Supplies used in today’s Romantic Pastel tags are listed as below
- CrafTangles Wedding Bells 6” paper pad
- CrafTangles Clear Gesso
- CrafTangles Paper Texture Paste
- CrafTangles Mandala Reloaded Stencil
- CrafTangles Shimmer Dust Fine Glitter
- CrafTangles Art Sprays- Trendy Teal and Grape Jelly
- CrafTangles Art Wax- Iridescent Gold
- Distress Ink- Bundled Sage
- Tim Holtz Metallic Stickers
- Prima Marketing Flowers
- Prima Marketing Mold Casts
- Tacky Glue
- Tonic Studio Glass Mat
- Heat Tool
- Chipboard Pieces
- Double Sided Tape
- Lindy’s Spray- Chateau Rose
- Lindys’s Squirt- Canadian Bacon Blush
- Artist’s Acrylic Ink- White and Black
- Archival Ink- Rose Madder
- Finnabair Messy Script Stamp
- Art Ingredients Baby Pink Glitter
Hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial! Happy Crafting!