This is Arpita,Hope you all are well.Today am very excited to share with you all my first DT Project for Craftangles.
I am sharing a beautiful Decoupage Creation today and the reason I love this art form as it can transfer your old treasure into something new and pretty. This is an old small metal trunk which is 40 odd years old and I tranformed into shabby and chick a look that I am in love with these days.
I have used the Gorgeous Decoupage Paper FLORAL FRENZY from Craftangles which was part of their new release. Also used their yummy shades of Chalk paints Snow White , Midnight Dreams , Blue Stone and Bubblegum Pink to make this piece.
1. I painted the complete outside of the box with Midnight dreams chalk paint.As there was a print on the box, I gave it 2 coats so the image was coats.
2. I rubbed this surface in random places with a candle
3. For the next layer I painted with Blue Stone and Bubblegum chalk paints randomly covering the complete surface.
4. Using a sandpaper i sanded the areas where i had rubbed with the wax,with this step the colors below shows giving a beautiful distressed look.
( Following and Repeating the above steps You can layer as many colours you wish)
5. Again I rubbed it with wax and for the final layer of color I applied a coat of Snow White Chalk paint and using the sanded again showing the all 3 colors applied below.
6. I fussy cut a few flowers from the Floral Frency decoupage paper pack and stuck them using mod padge.Finally sealed it with a coat of clear varnish..
To buy the materials used click on the links below…
Thankyou for stopping by…