I have a couple of cute baby cards for you today, which I made using the newly released
The images in this stamp set are adorable as are the sentiments.
I have been experimenting with creating backgrounds using masking fluid and watercolour.
I saw this technique on Instagram found it so much fun and so very addictive!
Masking fluid is a free flowing fluid which once dry, can be used to mask an area of the paper that you want to protect from colour.
I’m not good at making process videos…I’m working on this skill!
So, in the mean time, here is the brilliant artist Tia Keo with a fabulous video showing how to create a background with masking fluid and watercolours.
You can also follow her work here on Instagram.
To make the first card, I …
1. Created a simple panel using masking fluid and and a wash of pink watercolour.
2. I then die cut the panel using Simon Says Stamp stitched dies, and adhered it to the white card base.
3. I then stamped, water coloured, and fussy cut the adorable image., and adhered it to the panel.
4.I then stamped the sentiment and cut it out using mft’s stitched flags dies
and adhered the same to the card.
5. I then gold embossed the ‘Congratulations’, die cut the panel, added the white organza ribbon and attached it to the card using 3D foam tape.
6. I added some craftangles sequins (cupcake pink) to finish the card.
For the second card, I…
1.Used a similar water colour panel as above, this time in teal blue.
2. I die cut the panel using Simon Says Stamp stitched dies and adhered it to the white card base.
3. I stamped and watercoloured the image and fussy cut it before adhering it to the card using 3D foam tape.
4.I stamped the sentiment, die cut it using Spellbinders nestabilities and added some white organze ribbon and adhered it to the card using 3D foam tape.
5.I finished the card using Craftangles sequins (clear shimmer).
I hope you liked these cards and will give these stamp sets a try!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!