Ishani here, today I am sharing 3 Bright and cheerful Christmas cards with some stenciling techniques. These are easy techniques and can make a card look graphic and adds great texture which in turn adds lot of interest to cards. I have previously made some cards focusing on stencils that you can watch here and here. Also, did you check the December month challenge? Don’t forget to participate in our challenge and win some amazing prizes.
CARD 1 – Christmas card with glimmer paste
This card uses stenciling with glimmer paste technique to create a texture and make it look shimmery and beautiful
- I have taken Sap green cardstock and I am using Craftangles blending brush to blend my Mowed lawn Distress ink on the top of the paper for an Ombre effect.
3. I take a top folding card base using Rich red cardstock and adhere my green tree panel with double sided foam tape. I also die cut Merry from white cardstock and stamp merry christmas on same red cardstock and adhere on the tree panel for my sentiment.
4. Here is a quick card that looks so glittery with the shimmery paste and the ombre effect giving illusion of a deep forest of evergreens.
CARD 2 – Christmas card with simple stenciling
I have made traditional design with striped stencil and diecut letters
- For this card also I am using Sap green cardstock and with Craftangles blending brush to stencil my Mowed lawn Distress ink with the Stripes stencil
2. I take a side folding card base using Rich red cardstock for the base and die cut J and Y from white and red cardstock. For making the word JOY, I use a snowflake die for my O. And cut papers similarly and adhere them to get a little shadow of red cardstock. I use a red bakers twine for the snowflake that has a loop on it.
4. I arrange my letters on the striped background and ahere the letters and the baker’s twine behind with strong tape and then mount my green panel with double sided tape on the side folding red cardstock.
CARD 3– Christmas card with DIY glimmer paste
To addsome glitter to my background I make my own glimmer paste.
- I made my own glimmer paste with glue and Fairy dust fine glitter, by mixing one part glue that dries clear to one part fine glitter. I take a narrow panel of Rich red cardstock and with Snowflake stencil I apply my DIY glimmer paste and let it dry.
2. And here’s how it looks – so shimmery and beautiful!
2. I die cut 2 snow flakes and stamp sentiment from Christmas Ornaments stamp set, let it snow on a round die cut piece with versafine onyx black ink.
3. I take top folding dual texture white cardstock and also die cut a snowman from my stash and assemble it to use on my card.
4. I adhere my die cut snowflakes on red panel and cut off extra and adhere the snowman at left corner and sentiment on top right. I use a foam tape to mount the red panel over my white cardbase.
I hope you are inspired to do some Christmas cards with these simple ideas with the beautiful stencils by CrafTangles. Do not forget to join us at the monthly challenge with your beautiful projects.
Thank you for stopping by.