I’m back again with my other art journal project. This time I’m going to share my mixed media art journal page. This month theme is Watercolor, so I’ve used watercolor for my create my background also use watercolor fussy cut image from CrafTangles decoupage paper.
Here my finish page:
Step by step picture tutorial for my art journal page :
Step 1: Although I’ve used mixed media paper for my journal but still I’ve apply white gesso on my page.This will make my color brighter.
Step 2: Then apply texture with CrafTangles paper texture paste and stencil.
Step 3: Now I have used CrafTangles watercolor shade blue and yellow to color my background. Also used black art spray as watercolor.
Step 4:Stamping with background stamp and black ink. I used two shades of blue watercolor pencil for shading my texture stencil pattern.
Step 5: More background stamping with same black ink.
Step 6: I have fussy cut some images from CrafTangles decoupage paper and assmble them on my page.
Step 7: Now stick the fussy cut images with gel medium. I also shades on the image with matching watercolor pencil according to color of them. Outline and highlighted with black fineliner and white gel pen.
Step 8: I have apply four to five coat of gloss varnish on top of those fussy cut images for give them 3D and glossy look. Stamping and handwritten my quotes with black fineliner, and hightilted with white gel pen.
Materials are used from CrafTangles are:
- CrafTangles mixed media essentials – Gesso – White (120 ml)
- CrafTangles mixed media essentials – Texture Paste – Paper (120 ml)
- CrafTangles 6″x6″ Stencil – Squares
- CrafTangles liquid watercolor (15 ml) – Poolside
- CrafTangles liquid watercolor (15 ml) – Lemon Tart
- CrafTangles Art Sprays (Dye Based) – Carbon Black (50 ml)
- CrafTangles Decoupage Paper Pack – Spring Time (12 by 12 inch) – 4 sheets
Hope you like my page. Thank you for stopping. Happy crafting…