Am SathyaKala from Paperie Expressions here today again. Many Thanks to Khyati and Team for this awesome opportunity and the GDT Kit. You can check my previous GD project here. I thoroughly enjoyed making an Altered Chopping Board this time with Mixed Media touches, using the lovely products. Hope you like as much as I love making it!
• White gessoed it to prime the surface.
• Selected the focal image and added a round transparent dome to it.
• Marked the dome area in the board and started to apply textures.
• Applied white crackle paste around the edges of the board and allowed it to airdry.
• Followed by it, made a custom texture paste by adding CrafTangles texture pastes : Charcoal, Paper, Sand, Cement .
• Applied this custom paste onto the board using a stencil from my stash.
• And allowed it to air dry.
• Took bunch of moss and shaped like a ring, and misted it with CrafTangles Art sprays : Bamboo Brown, Carbon Black.
• Let it to airdry and selected a piece of net.
• Dry brushed it with black gesso and applied waxes in my stash in the shades of blue, violet and finally highlighted with Gold. You can try the same with CrafTangles ArtWax.
• Took the board and highlighted the stenciled textures and crackled surfaces with waxes in the above said colors.
• Randomly stamp the board with versamark ink and embossed it with Orange-Rose embossing powder for further textures.
• To the misted moss, added some gold mica powder and pearl white spray.
• With the use of Gel, placed the dome centrally on the board.
• Added the moss with black sisal fibers around the dome.
• Added gold pearls, mini art stones to the moss.
• Just below the dome, added the embellishments as shown in the project.
• Kept the embellishments minimal to keep the focus on the focal element.
• As a final touch, Art pebbles of varying sizes taken and applied gold acrylic paint to it.
• Once dried added around the dome.
Hope you like the project.
Thanks for looking into!