It’s Shabneez here with another blog post using the cute CrafTangles Baby Elements. This time I’ve concentrated on the Baby Boy pack and I’ve combined it with using stencils in 3 different ways!
Baby Boy Block Card Tutorial:
1. Fussy cut the the pram and and baby boy blocks from the Baby Boy Elements sheet.
2. Take a piece of blue card and run it through your die cutting machine with the heart stencil.
3. Die cut a circle and use the same heart stencil to apply distress oxide through it.
4. Assemble the card by adhering the blue stencilled card, then the inked circle and finally with foam pads adhere the baby boy blocks and the pram.
New Baby Washing Line Card Tutorial:
1. Use the create a scene stencil with distress oxide ink to form the clouds.
2. Use the same stencil with the grass part and ink through with distress inks.
3. Fussy cut the clothes line.
4. Adhere the clothes line in between the clouds you’ve created.
5. Stamp the ‘New Baby’ sentiment.
Bundle of Joy Card Tutorial:
1. Use distress inks to make a blended background.
2. Add texture paste through the star stencil and leave to dry.
3. Fussy cut the helicopter, ball, car, dinosaur, kite and bundle of joy banner from the Baby Boy Element pack.
4. Adhere all the fussy cut elements on to the card with foam tape.
I’ve shown you 3 different ways to use your stencils in this post. The first by passing a stencil through a die cutting machine, the second using both distress and distress oxide inks and the third using texture paste. Stencils really are very versatile and I hope I’ve inspired you to be more creative in using them.
See you again later on in the month!
CrafTangles Baby Boy Elements Pack
CrafTangles Denim Blue Card Stock
CrafTangles Stencil – Starry Background
CrafTangles Stencil – Raining Hearts
CrafTangles Stencil – Create A Scene
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide – Fossilized Amber
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide – Salty Ocean
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Twisted Citron
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Peeled Paint
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Mustard Seed
Tim Holts Distress Ink – Shaded Lilac
Ranger Texture Paste
Everything else from my stash